Since our opening in 2018, the Children’s Museum of St. Tammany prioritizes the health and safety of our guests. With 18 exhibits and thousands of visitors, we take the steps to ensure a healthy and clean environment each and every day.
We want to reassure you that sanitation and disinfection remain at the forefront of our daily procedures at the museum. Our top priority is providing a safe environment for our guests and staff.
At this time, we remain open for our children to experience the Power of Play at the Children’s Museum of St. Tammany.
What we are doing:
- We are closely monitoring all local, state and federal directives and CDC updates and recommendations.
- We have added signage in our facility and restrooms indicating effective hand-washing techniques.
- We will maintain a high level of disinfection and sanitation and have designated a sink for hand washing in the museum to be available at all times to our guests.
- We provide routine cleaning of all surfaces, exhibits, museum manipulative toys (books, soft toys, costumes, etc.) and restrooms with recommended disinfectants.
- We provide hand-sanitizing stations in all four galleries in addition to our entrance and exit for your use while at the museum.
- We encourage staff to stay home if they are present with symptoms of illness.
What you can do as a visitor:
Follow the CDC guidelines to assist with keeping CMST open and available to all.
- Utilize the hand sanitizers and hand washing stations periodically during your visit.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the appropriate trash receptacle.
- Out of respect for others, if you are someone in your household or business, has traveled internationally, please refrain from visiting the Children’s Museum for at least fourteen days from your return date.
Our patrons are our utmost priority. The Children’s Museum of St. Tammany will post notices to any changes of hours of operations or event cancellations.
Please feel free to contact us should you have additional questions at 985.888.1555 or info@CMSTkids.org.
Please visit our website for updates at CMSTkids.org.