Chalk Fest 2020 • Saturday, April 4th
Artist Start Time: 8 AM | Judging & Awards: Noon | Festival 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Join in the fun and be a part of Chalk Fest, an arts festival at the Children's Museum of St. Tammany. Register as an artist and be a part of this annual creative community event.
Prizes will be awarded to Top Elementary and High School Artists, Top Team, Best in Show, and two special categories: St. Tammany Proud, where artists are encouraged to produce art specific to St. Tammany culture; and, The Spirit of the Child, an expression of childhood and whimsy.
All registrations are due by Friday, April 3, 2020, at 3 PM. Registration is $25 per 4'x4' square and is limited to four (4) squares.
All participants must comply with the Chalk Fest Guidelines as described in the registration form. Art squares are limited and will be registered and placed in the order in which they are received. If a participant fails to check-in at the official registration booth by 9 AM on Saturday, April 4, 2020, their space will be forfeited and made available to another participant.
Best in Show - $500
St. Tammany Proud - $200 - St. Tammany's natural, cultural or architectural elements must be present in the finished work.
The Spirit of the Child - $200 - Art must display an interpretation of the true spirit of a child.
Top Chalk Fest Team - $200 - A Chalk Fest Team can be a group of individuals, corporation, or organization. Please note, parents or guardians that could potentially assist their child with their artwork must register as a team. Teams may register up to 4 square areas. There is no limit to the number or members per group.
Top High School Artist (Grades 9-12) - $100 - Calling all high school student artists. Join us and show your talent and experience Chalk Fest.
Top Middle School Artist (Grades 7-8) - $100 - Middle School students can show off their skills and compete in this category for Top Middle School artist.
Top Elementary Artist (Grades K-6) - $100 - Elementary students can give us a glimpse of our future community artists. This is a way to introduce your work at Chalk Fest.
- Participating individuals or groups must be pre-registered before Friday, April 3, 2020, at 3 PM by completing this Chalk Fest Registration Form. If any squares are available by 9am, Saturday, April 4th, they will be distributed on a first come first serve bases (all fees, registration policies and contest rules apply).
- Artwork must remain within the designated square with your assigned registration number.
- Only one box of chalk will be provided for each registration. Additional chalk must be approved in advance with the festival director.
- The primary design of a square must be created in chalk.
- Drawing on buildings, trees, or any surfaces other than assigned squares is not permitted and will be reported to authorities.
- No spray fixatives may be used.
- No materials may be used that emit offensive odors or cause potential annoyances to other artists or festival guests.
- Three-dimensional elements may be incorporated in square designs. These must not exceed the square area, cannot exceed 2 feet in height and must be removed by the artist no later than 5 PM.
- The festival is a family event. Any artwork that contains nudity, profanity, or other content deemed inappropriate by festival officials will be removed and reported to festival officials.
- If an artist fails to check-in by 9 AM, the registered square will become available to any walk-up registrants. No refunds will be provided.
- All individual artists must complete their square without the aid of others, including parents, siblings, or other friends. If at any point your child may require assistance to complete their artwork, please register as a team.
- All registered participants will be eligible to receive prizes. Participants must be present to collect the awarded prizes.
- Judges or festival officials can disqualify artists for failure to adhere to any of the above guidelines.
- No animals other than service animals are allowed.
|Location||Children's Museum of St. Tammany|