Join in the fun and be part of Chalk Fest, an arts festival at the Children’s Museum of St. Tammany. Register as an artist and be a part of this new creative community event or bring the family and enjoy the outdoor festival with free admission!
Prizes will be awarded to Top Elementary and High School Artists, Top Chalk Fest Team, Best in Show and two special categories: St. Tammany Proud, where artists are encouraged to produce art specific to St. Tammany culture; and, The Spirit of the Child, an expression of childhood and whimsy.
Children’s Museum of St. Tammany
21404 Koop Drive
Date and Time:
Artist Start Time: 8:00 AM
Judging: 2:00 PM
Chalk Fest: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
All registrations are due by Friday, May 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM. Registration is $25 per 4'x4' square and is limited to four (4) squares. CLICK HERE to register.
All participants much comply with the Chalk Fest Guidelines as described in the registration form. Art squares are limited and will be registered and placed in the order in which they are received. If a participant fails to check in at the official registration booth by 9:00 AM on Saturday, May 4, 2019, their space will be forfeited and made available to another participant.
To register, complete this form!
Best of Show
St. Tammany Proud
St. Tammany’s natural, cultural or architectural elements must be present in the finished work.
The Spirit of the Child
Art must display interpretation of the true spirit of a child….
Top Chalk Fest Team
A Chalk Fest Team can be a group of individuals, corporation, or organization. Teams may register up to 4 square areas. There is no limit to the numbers of members per group.
Top High School Student (Grades 9-12)
Calling all high school student artists. Join us and show your talent and experience Chalk Fest.
Top Middle School Student (Grades 7-8)
Middle School students can show off their skills and compete in this category for Top Middle School Artist.
Top Elementary Student (Grades K-6)
Elementary students can give us a glimpse of our future community artists. This is a way to introduce your work at Chalk Fest.
Participating individuals or groups must be pre-registered before Friday, May 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM by completing the Chalk Fest Registration Form HERE. If any squares are available by 9:00 AM, Saturday, May 4th, they will be distributed on a first come first serve basis (all fees, registration policies and contest rules apply).
- Artwork must remain within the designated square area with your assigned registration number.
- Use only the chalk distributed for the competition.
- The primary design of a square must be created in chalk.
- Only one box of chalk will be provided for each square.
- Drawing on buildings, trees or any surfaces other than assigned squares is not permitted and will be reported to authorities.
- No spray fixatives may be used.
- No materials may be used that emit offensive odors or cause potential annoyances to other artists or festival guests.
- Three-dimensional elements may be incorporated into square designs. These must not exceed the square area, cannot exceed 2 feet in height and must be removed by the artist no later than 5:00 PM.
- The festival is a family event. Any artwork that contains nudity, profanity or other content deemed inappropriate by festival officials will be removed and reported to festival officials.
- If an artist fails to check-in by 9:00 AM, the registered square will become available to any walk-up registrants. No refund will be provided.
- All registered participants will be eligible to receive prizes. Participants must be present to collect the awarded prizes.
- Judges or festival officials can disqualify artists for failure to adhere to any of the above guidelines.
- No animals other than service animals are allowed.
For more info, visit CMSTkids.org or email us at info@CMSTkids.org.