Ages – Rising 2nd – 5th graders
Five-day camp - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Drop off begins at 8:30 AM
Pick-up begins at 3:00 PM
One Week $275 Per Camper
Two Weeks $550 Per Camper
Three Weeks $825 Per Camper
Session 2: Week 1 - June 19-23 FULL, Week 2 - June 26-30, Week 3- July 10 -14 FULL
Session 3: Week 1- July 17-21, Week 2- July 24-28, Week 3 - July 31-August 4 FULL
There will be different camp activities planned for each week of a session.Each session will repeat the activities. For instance, Session 1 - Week 2, Session 2 - Week 2,and Session 3 - Week 2 will contain the same activities for each session. The 3rd Friday of each session, campers will attend a field trip to INFINITY Science Center, 1 Discovery Circle, Pearlington, MS 39572.
- Campers will need to wear comfortable clothes.
- Closed-toed shoes and socks are required.
- Campers must bring lunch each day.
- Campers should also pack their own morning and afternoon snacks.
- The Children’s Museum will provide bottled water.
The goal of ASTRO CAMP® is to provide opportunities for learners to engage in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) educational activities that capitalize on NASA’s unique assets, content, and ASTRO CAMP® methodology to expose the next generation of explorers to STEM career possibilities aligned with NASA’s Mission Directives.
ASTRO CAMP® is a challenging, science-based non-residential series of camps designed to:
- Inspire future generations to learn about space explorations and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics developing pathways to STEM careers.
- Present nationally aligned math and science principles through fun, hands-on activities, teaching teams of campers to work together to complete missions through ASTRO CAMP® methodology.
- Spark student’s interest in learning the basics of engineering, rocketry, robotics, and supporting the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) alignments while having fun.
ASTRO CAMP sessions are aligned with NASA's current themes: Flight, Space Technology, Earth/Solar System, Humans in Space, and Mission Moon to Mars.
NASA’s vision is to inspire the next generation of scientists, researchers, and engineers to pursue careers in STEM fields. By tapping into the curious minds of our youngsters, NASA is planting the seeds necessary to attract and retain students in STEM education from classrooms to careers. ASTRO CAMP® is an important “steppingstone” in developing our future workforce for tomorrow!
Camp tuition covers the cost of materials used during the camp, camp journals, and consumables for hands-on activities. Camp activities and curriculum will be repeated every three weeks of scheduled ASTRO CAMP®.
All tuition payments must be paid online at the time of registration. You will receive a packet through email with all forms, camp rules, etc. at the completion of your registration.
Museum Members receive a 10% discount of the total cost of registration.
Camps are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
MEET THE CMST SUMMER CAMP STAFF